Today we made watering cans.
It was pretty easy.
Here’s what you need:
- a milk jug (make sure it has a screw on top) or small laundry detergent container
- a drill (you could probably use a hammer and a nail if you don’t have a drill)
- paint, if you want to decorate your watering can
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Wash out the container.
2. Drill holes in the top. Turn it over first and drill from the inside.
3. Decorate your jug if you want.
4. Drill a couple holes in the back, otherwise the water won’t pour out easily.
5. Voila! Happy Watering!
Same process for the milk jug…
Cute, free, and green!
Makes a great Earth Day project!
PLEASE TAKE ONE SECOND TO VOTE FOR ME!!!
All you need to do is click on the banner above to register a vote for me!
You can vote one time every 24 hours from every computer and cell phone! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate your support!
Check out and “like” the not-your-average-mom.com facebook page!
Follow me on Twitter @mom_not_average
Jana S. says
I love this idea! We have a small watering can for the kids but they end up soaked in water before we even make it to the garden. This looks as though there might be fewer spills…maybe.
My kids have been wanting a watering can for at home ever since they played with one at their grandmothers. Now I just have to use up the laundry detergent (x3!)