It’s the end of my first full day in Boston away from the kids and my second night in a hotel room.
Here are a few thoughts.
1) Driving in Boston is a challenge. I am pissing off the locals. Every 4-way intersection looks like it should have a stop sign and I keep feeling like I have blown through one, and I’m really scared I’m gonna run a pedestrian over.
2) Living in a hotel room is a BIG reminder that I have way too much stuff and living in simplicity makes life A LOT easier. And calmer. And more enjoyable.
3) 30 hours away from the kids is when I start missing them.
But not enough to want to go home yet.
4) I always think I’ll have more time than I actually do. Like I thought I was going to get a whole bunch of work done when I was here, run by the Charles River, workout in the hotel gym, take naps, and maybe even get my hair cut.
I did one of those things today. 😂😂😂😂😂
5) And here is the biggest thing I learned today.
I was sitting in my car scrolling through Instagram this afternoon waiting for the swim meet to start, and I saw this:
I HAD NO IDEA THAT NARWHALS WERE A REAL THING.
Number 5 has been obsessed with them, but like the cartoon, Hello Kitty looking pictures of narwhals, and I thought they were just like unicorns.
But in the water.
But they ARE in the water!
What the hell.
If I find out unicorns are actually real tomorrow, then I’m really gonna lose my shit.
That’s all for today.
I’ve got a Hallmark Christmas movie to watch in bed.