This is a last minute idea.
Last night I saw a friend of mine post this picture of her Thanksgiving table:
And I thought it was such a nice idea. What a great way to encourage interaction and kindness around the Thanksgiving table!
I don’t have fancy cards printed out. I’m just going to use regular paper. Or maybe even just post it notes.
Or I’ll have the kids design some question cards. And then I’ll have them write them up.
It will not only encourage conversation, but it will also keep them busy for a little bit while I’m trying to get dinner prepared.
I came up with a list of possible questions I’ll give them to use. Maybe they’ll come up with some of their own. My goal was to think of questions that would either encourage kindness or make us laugh or just be fun and help everyone learn something about everyone else.
- If you could invite anyone to eat with us today, who would it be?
- What is something you appreciate about someone in this room?
- When did you laugh the hardest this year?
- What is something you learned about yourself this year?
- Who at this table would you like to thank? For what?
- What is a great compliment you received?
- What is an accomplishment from this past year you are most proud of?
- What family member do you wish was at this table with us?
- What is your favorite dish on this table?
- What is something you hope to learn next year?
- What is something you worked the hardest on this year?
- What is your favorite holiday and why is it your favorite?
- What is one thing you really love about one of your teachers this year?
- Which moment from this past year would you love to relive?
- What is the best movie you saw this year?
- What is the most memorable book you read this year?
- Have you received a random act of kindness this year? What was it?
- If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving day?
- What is something kind you could do for someone at school in December?
- What is a gift you can give that doesn’t cost any money?
- What is a funny or favorite memory you have from a past Thanksgiving?
- What is something kind you can do for someone in this room in December?
- What is a change you’d like to make next year?
- What do you love the most about fall?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is one of your qualities that makes you a good friend?
- What is one of your favorite memories at the beach?
- What is one of your favorite memories of snow?
Maybe you can try this with your family today. All you need is a piece of paper and something to write with, and your kids can be involved!
Please keep voting!