Number 2, who is 13, has been coming to the Y with me when Number 3 and 4 have swim practice.
He usually plays basketball with his friends during that time.
Last week he even took a class with me.
Which was rather amusing.
Anyway, observing Number 2 in this environment has made me aware of something.
If you are a teenage boy, there is evidently a list of rules that must be followed.
In case you haven’t reached this stage yet, I’ll fill you in.
Then maybe you can be the cool mom.
You know, since I’m not.
TeeNaGe bOy CluB — THE RULES OF TEENAGE BOY CLUB
1. The first rule of teenage boy club is when you walk past another teenage boy, you must high five him.
2. The second rule of teenage boy club is when you walk past another teenage boy, YOU MUST HIGH FIVE HIM.
3. The third rule, when high fiving another member, all smiling must stop.
4. The fourth rule, pants are for pussies. Do not wear them to school if the temperature is above 32 degrees.
5. Fifth rule, if you are forced to wear pants to school, come home in shorts and claim you had gym last period.
6. Sixth rule, no winter hat, no winter jacket.
7. Seventh rule, you must roll your eyes at your parents at least 47 times per day.
8. Eighth and final rule, if this is your first time in teenage boy club, you and your parents must fight.
All you need to do is click on the banner above to register a vote for me!
You can vote one time every 24 hours from every computer and cell phone! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate your support!
Check out and “like” the not-your-average-mom.com facebook page!