We have recently discovered quinoa.
Most of us love it.
It’s easy and quick to make.
And it’s good for you…lots of fiber and protein.
I’m also on a mission to make healthier snacks for the kids, and to try and phase out things like goldfish.
Yesterday I made a big batch of quinoa.
I used some of it to make these.
The kids literally devoured them.
I made them twice. The first time, I just oiled the muffin tins.
That didn’t quite do the trick, and I spent about 15 minutes scrubbing baked on quinoa out of the tins.
So I invested in some silicone baking cups.
Why the hell didn’t I do that a long time ago?
Here’s what you need:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional — I made it with and without — up to whether you and your kids like it. Would probably be much better with fresh herbs, but I didn’t have any)
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl.
3. Scoop into muffin tins.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins are crispy on top.
5. Serve with tomato sauce for dipping, and enjoy!
Help me stay Number 1!
I’ll keep writing, you keep voting!
All you need to do is click on the banner above to register a vote for me!
You can vote one time every 24 hours from your computer and cell phone! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate your support!
Check out and “like” the not-your-average-mom.com facebook page!
Follow me on Twitter @mom_not_average