10 Things I Learned in My First Week on Whole30
1.Have a plan of attack.
I started Day 1 with nothing prepped and my kitchen looking like this, and it definitely didn’t help.
2. You can eat a shitload of food on this program.
It just can’t be crap. And how f***ing good does that look, anyway?
2. I bought canned coconut milk for the first time, and it’s solid!
I had no idea.
That one threw me for a loop.
3. Avocado and cilantro is my new favorite thing. Like when I ran out of those two things, it was almost worse than running out of coffee.
I made that avocado/lime/cilantro dressing (recipe coming soon).
4. There is sugar in fucking everything. Like even in a Costco rotisserie chicken.
What the hell?
5. I was drinking close to two pots of coffee a day in order to stay awake.
Not two cups. Two POTS!
Now I’ve discovered bulletproof coffee. And I like it. And I only have two (sometimes three) cups of coffee a day now.
6. I think this is going to change the way I prepare food for myself and my family for the rest of my life.
7. Although I’ve been warned about this possibility in the first week, I don’t feel like killing anyone.
Well, not because of Whole30 anyway.
8. It’s hard to prepare food for your family when you can’t even taste it.
Every day is like a Top Chef challenge. Luckily Number 4 and Number 7 are willing to taste everything and give me feedback.
9. I would have a hard time doing this without my Ninja.
10. When you take time to actually prepare your food, you make damn sure you appreciate the whole eating experience.
How pretty is that??? I mean, you can’t sit down there and eat a bagel… I set that up in my backyard one day and just savored my breakfast. It was awesome.
Soooooo, one week down, and I don’t feel deprived. I actually feel pretty good!
Check back next Monday to see how the second week goes!